Few helmets have made such a mark on the bike world as the Simpson Bandit. First launched in the late 1970s, the original Bandit was made in Texas by Bill Simpson and was actually a NASCAR helmet design that was technically illegal in Britain. It was a super-high quality lid, but since it was built for American car racing, it didn't comply with UK motorcycle helmet rules.
Now riders can re-create their biking youth, with the latest Simpson bike helmet - the new Venom which is totally compliant with ECE 22-05 regulations, making them fully road legal to wear on a bike. That hasn't affected their overall design though - the Simpson style is still clear to see.
Simpson has also updated the materials and build quality for 2018. The standard Venom boasts the very latest composite Maxx-3C shell material, with fully removable, washable lining, an advanced venting and hot-air exhaust system, inner sun visor, and a quick-release Pinlock Max Vision equipped visor. A Max vision insert is included in the box.
All the 2018 Simpsons are produced in three shell sizes, with fittings from XS to XXL.
• 3 outside shells made of high-strength and lightweight shell construction in MAXX-3C
• Multi-Axis Tricomposite compound
• ACU Gold Standard
• Small shell XS- M / large shell L-XL / extra-large shell XXL
• Ultra-wide viewport
• Pinlock 100% MaxVision prepared
• Visor with controlled antifog air flow
• Scratch resistant visor
• Visor with double locking system
• Inner sun visor
• Chin vent with inner open-close slider
• Hot air exhaust system
• Double D Ring
• Removable and washable inner lining
• Chin curtain
• Breath deflector
• Ready for easy installation of Bluetooth headsets