The OptiMate Lithium 0.8A uses the proven OptiMate interactive charging programme in an affordable package to charge and maintain 12V Lithium batteries. OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is totally automatic and fully protected against user errors. There are no switches. Affordable, compact, intelligent and forgiving of errors, OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is the perfect tool for regular or long-term maintenance of 12V Lithium batteries.
How it works:
1. Pre-qualification / BMS reset: The charge program is selected according to battery voltage. For batteries with internal BMS (battery management system) that includes a low voltage cut-out; OptiMate Lithium has a BMS reset program to reconnect the internal cells with the battery posts so that charging can commence.
2. Low Volts recovery: The OptiMate SAVE mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
3. Bulk charge stage: Charges at 0.8 Amps constant current until the Voltage has risen to 14.3V.
4. Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
5. Absorption and equalization: for up to 4 hours the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14.0 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalization and improving the battery's overall power delivery.
6. Voltage retention test: is conducted for up to 12 hours during which no charge current is delivered, with 3 possible test results indicating the battery's general state of health or excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
7. Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30-minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with 30-minute ‘rest’ periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly.
8. The alternating charge and ‘rest’ maintenance program protects the battery against over discharge by connected vehicle circuitry, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long-term maintenance charging.
Recommended for: LiFePO4 12V batteries from 3Ah to 50Ah
Programme control: Microprocessor, 7 stages, fully automatic
Input Voltage: 100-240V50-60 Hz
Input current max: 0.23A @ 100V; 0.15A @ 230V
Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
Reverse drain current: Less than 1mA
Output current (bulk charge): 0.8A
Automatic desulphation: Yes
Charge time limit: Safe to leave connected for months
Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
Charge retention test: 2 possible results - ‘good’ & ‘bad’
Size: 167 x 65 x 46mm
Enclosure classification: IP54
Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
Input cable length: 2m
Output cable length: 2m
Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
Operation temperature range: -20°C / +40°C
Warranty: 3 years
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, and the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to in-vehicle battery to allow easy reconnection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda& Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads; weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger PDA etc. and much more.